New creative partnerships with a high level of international PR potential
To implement the strategy for the international branding and positioning of the Nordic Region, we’re open again for applications for Nordic projects and collaborations that seek to strengthen the Nordic brand internationally.
Deadline for application is November 13, 2017.
The vision of the Ministers for Nordic Co-operation – Together we are stronger – cites innovation, visibility, and international engagement as key characteristics of Nordic co-operation, and emphasises how shared Nordic experiences can be of relevance to others in a world where the importance of regional co-operation is growing.
The branding project within the Nordic Council of Ministers can help to support creative projects with a high level of PR and branding potential by communicating, highlighting, and strengthening the Nordic values. We can provide project funding for the following two types of projects:
- Supporting partnerships
- Projects and partnerships that can contribute to setting new standards while branding the Nordics and our common values. The project can be an existing project or a completely new project. A maximum of DKK 250.000 can be applied for. The amount applied for may not constitute more than 33 per cent of your total project budget. A minimum of three partners is required, whereof at least 2 of those partners involved must come from different Nordic countries (this only applies for Supporting partnerships).
- Creative talents
- Projects and partnerships that shift the perception of how we brand the Nordic Region. High levels of creativity focusing on new stakeholders and ideas, with innovative cross-sectoral partnerships and networks. The maximum amount that can be applied for is DKK 50,000. Co-funding is desirable but not essential.
The total budget for this call for proposals is DKK 2 million.
Who can apply?
Internal (within Nordic co-operation) and external organizations, networks, companies and creative minds. A minimum of three partners, whereof at least 2 of the partners involved must come from different Nordic countries (this only applies for Supporting partnerships).
The project must be concluded no later than December 31, 2018.
Applications will be evaluated specifically based on the following criteria:
- Emphasize the Nordic values and strategic focus areas
- A strong Nordic story
- Cross-sectoral co-operation/themes
- Level of co-funding (except for Creative talents)
- Documented partners (except for Creative talents)
- A minimum of three partners, whereof at least 2 comes from different Nordic countries (except for Creative talents)
In addition, emphasis will be placed on:
- Creativity and innovation
- PR/branding potential
- Involvement of:
– Target groups
– Local partners
Applicants must submit the application form and budget by using the application form found on this site, on time, and in accordance with the instructions. The related appendixes and supporting documents must be attached. Incomplete applications will sadly not be processed.
Applications must be written in one of the Scandinavian languages (DK, SE, NO) or in English. An advisory working group composed of Nordic representatives will assist the Nordic Council of Ministers in processing the applications.
Applications for projects that may be considered for funding will be contacted by the Nordic Council of Ministers to discuss possible adjustments to the project.
Applications should be carried out through the application form here on the site. All applicants will be contacted directly with an approval or rejection of the application.
After approval we will forward a draft contract, which may take up to 4 weeks from approval. Grants will be paid out after the following terms: 85% at project start. 15% after final report/evaluation.
Outline of application form
- Pitch your project
- About the project
- Project description
- Nordic dimension and synergy of project
- Communication and PR
- Project partners